Foundation of Banana hardening unit (Nursery)
In 2002 Mr. Vishwas Chavan-Patil completed his MSc. Degree in Agrochemicals & Pest Management from The Shivaji University Kolhapur, Maharashtra & joined his father to help in agriculture. He got traditional knowledge of agriculture, keen observation, and a passion for advanced technology from his father. In this period Chavan family got assured income from the plantation of tissue culture banana plants. During visiting different banana tissue culture laboratories, Vishwas Chavan got an Idea to start their own banana hardening unit. In 2002 he started a small Tissue culture banana plant nursery (Hardening unit). To set up the nursery (Hardening unit) on a 1000 m2 area, the required capital was Rs. 2.00 lakh & own capital at that time was only Rs. 30000/-. Mr.VishwasChavan reduced the labor cost by digging pits for shade net by own & material cost by purchasing scrap structural material. Due to the excellent quality of plants, humble service & strong technical support to farmers, the nursery became popular in the area. Next year nursery expanded to a 2000 m2 area.
Entry into Tissue Culture Plant Production
Due to the increasingly positive response from customers, Vishwas Chavan Patil started their own Banana Tissue culture lab as 'Seema Biotech' with an annual one million plant production capacity. Now our banana tissue culture lab has an annual 4 million plant production capacity & supplies quality plants in almost all states of India. In 2016 our company started production of tissue culture teak plants. Now we supply about 0.5 million tissue culture teak plants all over India. In 2019 the company established a new tissue culture lab for the production of Bamboo Plants, having an annual production capacity of 1 million plants. We are supplying bamboo plants to private & government agencies also. In 2020 the company started the production of tissue culture plants of floriculture & ornamental plants.
Establishment of Other Production Unit & Services
In 2012 the company started a Bio fertilizer& organic fertilizers production unit. In the same year, we started a soil & water testing laboratory. In 2016 the company established a frozen food processing unit. In which we process sweet corn procured from farmers on contract farming. In 2016 the company started its own unit of non-ISI drip production & installation.
Our vision is to contribute to the field of Agriculture, Horticulture, Floriculture& Ornamental plants sector by providing excellent quality tissue culture plants, inputs & services to develop an eco-friendly, uplifted society.
Seema Biotech Pvt.Ltd.is a renewed name in Tissue Culture Plant production of Banana, Teak, Bamboo, Floriculture& Ornamental Plants. We have a broad & repeated customer base in India based on highly sophisticated infrastructure, ethical practice, and excellent quality products & services. Our mission is to expand ourselves as a global entity on the basis of the same principles.
Our Certification &Recognitions
- Department of Biotechnology, Government of India(NCS-TCP)
- License to carry on the Business of Sale of Seed (Maharashtra State Government )
- Self-manufacture ( Commissionrate State Level) license of Bio fertilizers& Organic fertilizers (Maharashtra State Government )
- Agricultural & Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA), Registration cum Membership certificate (Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India )
- Udyam Registration Certificate (Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises, Government of India)
- Shop Act Certificate
- Importer Exporter Code(Government of India ,Ministry of Commerce & Industry )
- Permit for Import of Soil/Peat or Sphagnum moss /other growing media of plant origin. (Government of India, Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare)
- Soil & water testing lab , Registration Certificate(Government of Maharashtra)
- Food & Drug Administration, Maharashtra State License.
- Laboratory Infrastructure: We have separate, sophisticated tissue culture laboratories for the production of Banana, Teak, Bamboo, Floriculture plants & Ornamental plants in a 1000 sq. meter area, having a total annual production capacity of 06 million tissue culture plants. Different sections are designed as per international standards. Our company infrastructure is recognized by the Department of Biotechnology (NCS-TCP), Government of India.
- Research & Development Section: Well equipped, dedicated R&D section, having virus indexing facility, separate R&D field for agronomical trials & demonstration.
- Hardening unit & Nursery: We know with the production of quality tissue culture plants, proper hardening of the plants & maintaining them healthy, disease & pest free is of prime importance. Hence we have well-managed automated polyhouses on 4047 sq.m. Area & hi-tech shade net facility on 28330 sq.m. Area.
- Packaging & Transport Facility: Due to our proper packaging & transport facility, our customer experiences time delivery with the lowest mortality rate of our plant material.
- Soil Water testing lab: State Government Approved soil & water testing facility; provides Recommendations to farmers based on the analysis report. We also provide soil testing services to government agencies.
- Biofertilizer & Organic fertilizer Production unit: State government approved hi-tech bio fertilizer & organic fertilizer Production unit. We produce all types of biofertilizers & organic fertilizers.
- Frozen Food unit: We process 2 M.T. sweet corn daily, procured from the farmers based on contract farming.
- Non-ISI Drip production unit:- We produce Non-ISI inline drip laterals. We provide drip system installation service.
- Our team: Seema Biotech Pvt. Ltd. retains the best scientists for producing tissue culture plants. We have a qualified & experienced team of experts. The best person for the job is our policy since the foundation of our company.
- Mother Plant Nursery: we have separate fields for the cultivation of mother plants & demonstration of different agronomical trials of our product & services.
- Agronomical Expert Team to Support Farmer: We have a dedicated agronomical expert team to provide free technical guidance &post-harvest advisory to our customers. We are also extending important technical information to our customers through booklets, videos& different social media networks.